Become a more confident public speaker with Alba International’s 8 top tips
Brisbane-based retail sales specialists Alba International have vast experience coaching and mentoring young professionals, buy information pills and one of the most common skills that they see people struggle to master is public speaking. Here, medications the firm has shared their top 8 tips to help people to become more confident public speakers.
As advocates of entrepreneurship, the management at Alba International have extensive experience advising and guiding budding professionals on their entrepreneurial journey and have found that one of the biggest hurdles for people to overcome is public speaking. Here the firm has compiled their top 8 tips to help people gain confidence and ace their next public speaking engagement.
- Start with a “grabber”- When attempting to captivate an audience, it’s crucial to grab their attention from the very start! Alba International encourage people to do this by opening with a personal story, quote or shocking statistic.
- Structure your speech – every good speech should consist of an introduction, short story, presentation, close and rehash. If people stick to this simple 5-step process, their speech will be well structured and received claims Alba International.
- Preparation- Benjamin Franklin once said “Failing to prepare is preparing to fail,” and Alba international share that same philosophy. The firm encourages individuals to rehearse their speech out loud with all equipment they plan on using and use a clock to check their timings are on point.
- Relax – Public speaking can be an incredibly nerve-wrecking experience, however, to deliver a successful speech keeping calm and relaxed is vital. Take deep breaths and try to relax.
- Visualise – Visualisation can be an incredibly powerful tool in assisting success. Alba International encourage individuals to visualise delivering a triumphant speech and receiving applause.
- Take pauses - Speaking in front of people, no matter the size of the audience can be overwhelming. Alba International advise people to take regular small pauses, at key moments. This allows the speaker to regain composure and also bring the audience into the speech.
- Smile – Smiling causes the movement of the muscles in your face, which is interpreted by your brain, which results in the release of endorphins that are responsible for making us feel happy, and crucially help to lower stress levels.
- Get experience- Say yes to every opportunity to speak in public states Alba International. Public speaking is like any skill, the more you do it, the better you get. Experience builds confidence, which is the key to effective speaking.
Alba International is a Brisbane-based retail sales firm, specialising in customer acquisition and raising brand awareness through in-store promotions. Through face-to-face promotional marketing and sales campaigns, Alba International is able to build relationships with customers, handle queries, instil consumer confidence and build brand loyalty.
Alba International are supporters of entrepreneurship, and they are committed to providing budding entrepreneurs with ongoing coaching and mentoring, providing them with all of the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully navigate the entrepreneurial journey.
What's your Opinion?